Saturday, December 26, 2009

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful...

Winter is definitely here! I woke up this morning to a whopping temperature of 15 degrees (brrrr!). We already know we need to dress the kiddos in layers and bundle them up nicely (don't forget the Vaseline!), but for those of us who aren't at the height of our cuteness, staying beautiful is a little more complex. Thus, I figured I would share with you some of my uber cold weather beauty necessities. Remember, when in doubt, MOISTURIZE!









I know, I know, you've heard it a million times, but this stuff is Just. So. Necessary. It can't be said enough! This bad boy takes care of dry lips, hands, cuticles, and flyaways. Plus, its a great treatment for diaper rash, which is extra helpful when you have a two year old who's still in training pants with an extra sensitive tush (Awww!!). I keep this multi-tasker in my car and purse at all times.




I discovered this stuff one day when I was having a Nars craving (look it up, ok?), and I'm totally hooked! My favorite shade is Guele de Nuit, and it's a cream to powder formula, which means that it has the perfect balance of powder and emollient qualities. The results are a long lasting, glowy skin with little to no touch ups throughout the day. And since its extra pigmented, you can justify that $25 price tag. I like to apply mine with my MAC 187 stippling brush, but all you need are your fingers to get your glow on!
For all the women of color reading this blog, this stuff will SAVE YOUR HAIR, I swear. It works on both relaxed and chemically treated hair by smoothing the hair cuticle. At first spray, it just seems like a non-aerosol version of oil sheen, but its so freakin not! This stuff has brought my strands back to life from everything you can think of; from good old fashioned over processing, to the whipping wind and rain. My hair transforms from crunchy black straw to smooth satin--true story.
Ultimately, it provides great protection from the elements. I like to spray it in my hair, especially the ends, every night. For even better results, wrap hair in a satin scarf, or invest in some satin pillowcases. Your hair will thank you.

Peace, Love, and Beauty!

Your favorite wannabe fabulous Mommy,
Nikia









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Delightful" kit.