Monday, May 24, 2010

All Purpose Beauty: Josie Maran Argan Oil


Lately I’ve found myself much more intrigued by natural beauty products than I’ve been in the past. I mean, the thought of them have always been kind of nice, but in the back of my mind I’ve always doubted that I could actually get results.

Yea I know. Really stupid, right? Especially considering my newest beauty acquisition: a bottle of organic  Argan Oil.

I was actually at Sephora to return the Tarte Natural Lipstain Pencil I bought (Ugh, epic fail! I don’t even want to talk about it.), and  I was just planning on grabbing a bottle of C.D.’s Hair Milk for my Lovebug when I spotted the Josie Maran Argan Oil while waiting to check out. The small 0.5 oz bottle retails for $14, but considering its good reputation and Sephora’s no hassle return policy (I returned my Tarte Lip Stain sans receipt!), I decided to give it a whirl.



For those of you who don’t know, Argan oil has a stellar reputation as a “fountain of youth” moisturizer. It comes from Argan trees grown in Morocco, and is said to be the beauty “secret” of Middle Eastern women for luminous skin and hair. Its rich in fatty acids and vitamin E, and can be used as a moisturizer for the face, body, and hair, as an acne treatment, a makeup remover, a treatment for uneven skin tone, a cuticle oil… ah, you get the point.

That night, I used it as my facial moisturizer, cuticle oil, and hair moisturizer. Normally, I do this with three different products (Perricone Face Finishing Moisturizer, Burt’s Bee’s Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, and C.D.’s Hair Balm, respectively). It felt so liberating to only use one product. Dramatic word choice, but it was lovely, nonetheless.

Anyway, when I woke up the next morning, my skin was glowy and bright, my hangnails were healed, and my fried dead ends were totally crisp free! Love it!

I plan on using my little recyclable bottle all the way to the last drop, and I may even buy the big one. If it replaces the several products I have in rotation, I’d say its worth the cash-o-la.

Oh! I forgot to add that Josie Maran’s Argan Oil supports the Moroccan women who produce it, and operates “within a UNESCO biosphere reserve that ensures the protection and reforestation of Argan trees.” source

Beautiful AND socially responsible? Go Josie!
Go ahead and get glowing, Mommies!

photo source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Delightful" kit.