Monday, April 12, 2010

Mommy Loves Lacquer: Chanel Nouvelle Vague

Posted by PicasaHappy Monday, Mommies!
I'm really excited because today I'm kicking off "Mommy Loves Lacquer", which is a series dedicated to nail product reviews and polish swatches. Funky nail colors and designs are all the rage right now, so enjoy!

This week's polish is Chanel Nouvelle Vague, and its a total beauty. Its part of the Les Pop-Up de Chanel Collection for summer 2010, and its supposed to be the buzz color of the season. I was surprised that I actually liked it because I'm not usually drawn to nail colors like this. It just seemed too pastel-ly or something, but I decided to give it a go anyway. So glad I stepped out of the box on this one because Nouvelle Vague is totally fab! Not to mention it instantly updates your look. Cheaper than buying a new wardrobe!
Nouvelle Vague is a creme finish with a very slight shimmer. Honestly, the shimmer is almost undetectable once the polish dries, so if you're looking for a shimmery turquoise polish, this ain't it. I happen to be a creme kinda girl so I have no complaints. The application was smooth, but after three coats it looked kind of streaky. Thankfully, the streaks went away with a little topcoat.

Mommies, I stared at my hands the whole time I wore this polish, its that beautiful. Looks like tropical ocean water  I've seen in the movies.

Yea. Too bad it freakin' chipped.

 I'd heard this sad little tidbit before but I just refused to believe that it would happen to me. Its Chanel! Sure enough, after about eight hours of wear, I was missing a big chunk off my index finger. Good thing its  such a pretty color or I'd be fighting the urge to fling this back at the Chanel rep (she made me wait too long).

Anyhoo, $23 for a nail polish that chips may be a bit of a stretch for a mommy on a budget. If that's you, don't fret! Judging by Temptalia's swatches, 'For Audrey' by China Glaze is an almost exact dupe, and it'll only set you back about $6.

Viva la blue nails! Have a great day!

If you have any requests for swatches or reviews, feel free to email me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Delightful" kit.