Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Product Review: Milani Liquif'Eye Metallic Eye Liner Pencil








Good Mooooorning!!
Wake Up! Its time to talk eyeliner!

I found a cheap-o liner that I just had to share with you.

I must admit, when it comes to makeup, I can be a total snob. Don't get me wrong, I do have some epic loves that live at the drugstore, but they're few and far between. But ya know, we're in a recession, we're moms, and we're super busy. Anything that I can get at the same store as my dipes and wipes for a fraction of the cost is alright with me! Thankfully, drugstore beauty brands are stepping up their game, so we can look like beauty queens without the high maintenance budget.



When I heard that these babies were a good dupe for the Urban Decay 24/7 liners, I was thrilled! I've been dying to try the UD liners but I just cannot justify spending $17 for a freakin' pencil.

Puhleese, Mommy's got bills to pay.

Now I don't have to shell out the big bucks, because for a whopping $5.49, you get a soft, super black, long lasting product that makes lining your eyes a cinch. Here's a swatch:



The swatch on the left is the color you get with light pressure, the one on the right is with a little more. It takes almost no effort to get a rich, dark pigmentation. Once it dries, it won't rub off. Great for a busy mom with little time in the morning, and no time for reapplication during the day.


Some great things:
  • Lasts all day
  • soft and easy to work with. No tugging on your delicate eye area.
  • Great color payoff! OMG!
  • Cheap and accessible
  • Easy to remove
  • Available in 5 colors: Black, Silver, Gold, Aqua, and Brown (Black and Brown are not metallic)

Some not so great things
  • Needs a base, especially if you have oily eyelids. The color doesn't exactly fade, but it does travel and flake a little when it mixes with oil. If you don't have an eyeshadow base, just use a little foundation or concealer on your eyelids and set it with powder before applying.
  • It does not last on the waterline, which Urban Decay's 24/7 pencils are famous for
  • The tip doesn't stay sharp enough for me, so I have to resharpen with about every other use, which means I'm shaving away product every time and it won't last as long.


Milani has a huge selection of new products, and I've been hearing great things about them. If the rest of them are anything like this, I just might have to forgive their cheesy display situation and dive in head first!

Line those eyes, and enjoy your day Mommies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Veronica Hurly's "Delightful" kit.